137. YOU Are the Brand with Mike Kim
June 23, 2021 no comments
On this episode of The Leadership Locker, Rich is joined by author and podcast host Mike Kim. Listen in as Rich and Mike discuss where to start with building your personal brand, why personal branding isn’t self-indulgent, and why relationships are like rocket ships.
Mike is a business coach and marketing strategist who specializes in personal branding, product launch strategies, and copywriting. His core philosophy of marketing is this:
Marketing isn’t about closing a sale, it’s about opening a relationship.
He believes when people get this part of marketing right, results follow. He’s used this same approach to serve today’s most influential thought leaders including John Maxwell, Donald Miller, Catalyst, and Daniel G. Amen, MD.
Before running his own consulting business, he worked for several years as the CMO of a successful multi-million dollar company near New York City. He also hosts the You Are the Brand Podcast.
- 00:09 – Introduction
- 03:00 – How Rich found Mike
- 03:58 – About Mike
- 06:06 – Where to start with building your personal brand
- 14:01 – Personal branding and self-indulgence
- 19:18 – The myth of having only one message across all platforms
- 25:29 – “Relationships are like rocket ships”
- 33:33 – Expectation management and monetization
- 39:14 – Where to find Mike online
- 40:13 – Rich’s closing remarks
You Are The Brand by Mike Kim
Connect with Mike Kim:
Connect with Rich: